Saturday, May 13, 2006

I Just Called to Say I Love You Day

So I must admit, I have called no one. To say anything, much less I love you. However, I am finding that I am loving far more people now than I have in a long time. And that could be because I am feeling more loved by people than I have in a long time. And for that, I will say, thank you very much and I love you, too. You know who you are.
There is a poster that hangs in my office/junk room that is titled Ways to Love A Child. And since we are all children in big people bodies, I thought I'd share some ways to spread the love around (in case you needed inspiration):
Give your presence Laugh, dance and sing together Listen from a heart space Encourage Understand Allow them to love themselves Ask their opinions Learn from them Say yes as often as possible Say no when necessary Honour their no's Apologize Touch gently Build lots of blanket forts Open up Fly kites together Lighten up Believe in possibilities Read books out loud Create a circle of quiet Teach feelings Share your dreams Walk in the rain Celebrate mistakes Admit yours Frame their artwork Stay up late together Eliminate comparison Delight in silliness Handle with care Protect them Cherish their innocence Giggle Speak kindly Go swimming Splash Let them help Let them cry Don't hide your tears Brag about them Answer their questions Let them go when it's time Let them come back Show compassion Bend down to talk to little children Smile even when you're tired Surprise with a special lunch Don't judge their friends Give them enough room to make decisions Love all that they do Honour their differences Respect them Remember they have not been on the earth long.
Until tomorrow.

2 Comments:

At May 14, 2006 12:39 p.m., Blogger Scottie said...

yeah, happy momma's day... and saul's birthday and the many other things ya gotta celebrate today... fun for you... enjoy...

 
At May 14, 2006 3:18 p.m., Blogger Cassidy said...

Saul rocks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home