Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Pack Rat Day

I have to admit, I am a pack rat. I have come from a long line of pack rats. It is genetic, I cannot help it. I am working toward recovery, however. The flood in my basement last fall relieved me of some of my childhood junk. Having children has also helped. Do I really want/need every scrap of paper that my children have scribbled on? Will I be able to sell them someday on E-Bay, become a millionaire and move to a mansion high on a hill overlooking the ocean, a mansion Scott Ingalls would give up his [dirty sexy] truck for? Doubtful. I have a new motto when it comes to cleaning up the clutter. Do I want the people cleaning out my house after I die to find this? (FYI/TMI: I came up with this motto while cleaning out my underwear drawer recently.) It applies to many things...torn bloomers, old love letters, salad dressing from 2001. Despite all this, I still have no motto strong enough to make me part with my before-braces dental impressions. Sometimes breaking up is just too hard to do.

PS. No, I do not keep salad dressing (of any vintage) in my underwear drawer.

11 Comments:

At May 17, 2006 3:07 p.m., Blogger Cassidy said...

Thats good...I was getting a little scared at the salad dressing part.

 
At May 17, 2006 3:36 p.m., Blogger Kim said...

You know that really wouldn't shock me if it were true about the salad dressing. Since we have become bosom buddies nothing you can do or say can shock me! I have heard it all and I mean it All! MLAS

 
At May 17, 2006 8:03 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dirty, sexy truck. So Luscious.

 
At May 18, 2006 12:19 a.m., Blogger Kirk said...

The question is did you find any poop in the drawer and if so I know who has been to your house.

 
At May 18, 2006 12:19 a.m., Blogger Kirk said...

The poop fairy.

 
At May 18, 2006 9:48 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geck! Definitely not something I want people to find in my drawers (he he) when I die!

 
At May 18, 2006 10:40 a.m., Blogger Scottie said...

okay, okay... i have had enough... as i read kirk's, cassidy's and your blogs i just can't stand it anymore... i am boring and serious... how do i get funny like the rest of you...
i want to make people laugh too...
i need help...

 
At May 18, 2006 11:40 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

We may or may not need to be more serious.

 
At May 18, 2006 11:40 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

May not.

 
At May 18, 2006 11:41 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS. Are you saying that PP is not funny? Or that you don't read her blog? Hmmmm?

 
At May 18, 2006 4:35 p.m., Blogger Cassidy said...

Awww, I was mentioned in a post, and also called funny. Aww, buddy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home