Friday, March 09, 2007

The Sap is Running

So I am now officially 32 years old. I still feel about 17, though. To see "32", I think, "Well, I guess it's time to grow up and be responsible now." I keep thinking that one day I will grow up on the inside and stop feeling overwhelmed by adulthood. It hasn't happened yet. I still feel like I'm playing house, and I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing...

I had a wonderful birthday. I took Buckley away to the vet Saturday morning and got to see a few old friends, so that was nice. And then, of course, Roger threw his annual "surprise" birthday party for me. I would have to rate this as the best one yet...and not just the best one Roger has organized, but the best one I can remember. Last year on my birthday, I was sitting on a curb outside a gas station in West Virginia, enjoying the warm sunshine, on my way to Alabama. I am so grateful to God for giving me that opportunity to be changed and stretched in so many ways. And if it wasn't for that trip, I wouldn't have had such a great birthday this year, because I wouldn't have had all the wonderful friends that I do now. Having lived most of my life feeling like I was on the outside, feeling like I finally belong is the best gift of all. So, thanks guys, I love you...you're the best.

12 Comments:

At March 09, 2007 2:32 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birtday Steph, and by the way when I did call you on your birthday I really did remember. I know what it feels like to not feel grown up. Like a kid in an adult body. Maybe when I hit 37 then it will hit me....who knows. I am glad you had a great birthday and when I come home again we will celebrate a belated one. Miss you guys terribly.

 
At March 10, 2007 9:42 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miss you, too. Can't wait to see you again and catch up...

 
At March 10, 2007 2:30 p.m., Blogger Em Bass said...

Hey Steph, I'm glad you had a great birthday!
Yeah this March Break was really weird, considering it was the exact opposite from last one. Alabama and then....Moncton, yahoo?
Anyways glad you had fun, your dog is really cute.
Em

 
At March 10, 2007 3:29 p.m., Blogger Scottie said...

nice post... vulnerability appreciated... glad you had a great birthday... it was well deserved...

i love West Virginia...

 
At March 12, 2007 10:42 p.m., Blogger Kirk said...

We love you too. That is most of us do but I suppose someone might be faking it. (I am not)

 
At March 13, 2007 3:35 p.m., Blogger Kirk said...

Not Dead

 
At March 14, 2007 9:52 a.m., Blogger Kim said...

Sniff, Sniff, that was heartwarming. God also blessed me on the Bama trip by allowing me to get to know you and all the other peeps.(Not the marshmallow ones) Glad we are buds.

 
At March 29, 2007 2:53 p.m., Blogger Ann said...

Hey Stephanie,
As we may/may not be related, depending on if your really want to admit to your maiden name....I just thought I would say hi. Saw your blog off of Lynnette's - I am discovering that the blogging world is not quite as big as one would imagine. Anyway, good to know that you are well and prospering. Take care,

Ann

 
At March 31, 2007 6:30 p.m., Blogger Kirk said...

Hey I know who Ann is.

 
At April 08, 2007 2:22 p.m., Blogger Em Bass said...

The way you say my name in your links is just hilarious.

 
At April 09, 2007 10:07 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

32 isn,t that bad

 
At April 22, 2007 3:15 p.m., Blogger Angela Monique Brewer said...

HI Stephanie and Happy Belated Birthday...you and your cousin's birthday are very close, but he is much, much older-35 this year. I love to rub it in because I too will only be 32 in June!! Hopefully we'll see you when we're over in July...take care.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home