Monday, June 05, 2006

National Teacher Attitude Day

Today is both National Teacher Day and National Attitude Day. How interesting that both should fall on the same day.

I have tried to write a post twice today already and both times I failed. I think it was because I was speaking death about myself and my sucktastic (my new favourite word, thanks Yurr) teaching abilities. When it comes to my job, I feel like a failure about 98.3% of the time. It does have its perks...I love the kids. I have realized this weekend that my self esteem is pretty low. There are very few things that I do that I actually think "Yeah, I rock at this!" I seriously need prayer in this area.

Lodebar sucks. It's estradically sucktastic.

One question. If I always have to speak life into everyone and everything, can I still be sarcastic? Do I seriously have to give up the one thing that I excel in?

6 Comments:

At June 06, 2006 11:31 a.m., Blogger Scottie said...

to be honest with you (risky i know) this is something that the Lord has convicted me with and i am not doing great with it, but still want it out of my vocabulary... i have to ask myself, "when i speak sarcasticly with someone, how does it lift them up?" sadly, i think i know the answer...

 
At June 06, 2006 12:48 p.m., Blogger Kim said...

Well at least you love the kids. I would also like to say that your ability to taunt is exceptional. I will only speak life into you so I am going to say YOU ROCK....those of us who have grown closest to you know the real you and know the greatness in your heart. So as far as I am concerned your sarcasm doesn't bother me it is actually quite refreshing. Remember though not everyone appreciates a good sarcastic remark but for those of us who do, Go For It!

 
At June 28, 2006 8:33 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

 
At July 18, 2006 3:13 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

 
At July 20, 2006 7:55 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

 
At October 27, 2006 3:17 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love sarcasm, and I love Jesus. I think you can, too. Really. I think God invented sarcasm. And, I think it's possible to speak sarcastically w/o cutting others down. You just have to whittle your whit towards funny sarcasm and away from cutting sarcasm.

Best wishes. - I can't use an exclamation point, b/c my keyboard won't let me. But it's there. really.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home