Saturday, May 27, 2006

Cherry Dessert Day/Masking Tape's Birthday

I didn't post yesterday because I had to take Cohen to the doctor in Saint John. She has had a high fever off and on for the past few weeks and my father (the nurse) suggested I have it checked out. So I did. (Although after the tune in the bucket comment, I should probably never listen to anything he says.) It was great fun. She had to have blood taken for the first time. I tried to make it fun, even though I would rather wash dishes than have my own blood taken. I told her it would be really cool to watch the blood squirt up into the little tube. And what fun it was! I could tell she was enjoying herself by the way she screamed uncontrollably. And then there was the urine sample, which is hard enough to get for yourself, let alone for someone who refuses to pee while you watch, much less while you hold a cup for them. So...I bribed her with Toys R Us (where she chose the biggest, PINKEST doll she could find as a reward for her bravery/torture). Unless you have obtained a urine sample from a stubborn 3-year old through better methods, you are not allowed to judge me. Anyhow, the results won't be in until Monday, and of course, she no longer has the fever.

So yesterday was Cherry Dessert Day. Cherry Desserts are my all-time favourite, especially if they also contain chocolate. Cherry cheesecake, cherry pie, chocolate cherry crumble, yummy...

And today is the 76th birthday of the Masking Tape patent. Yay. It is also National Grape Popsicle Day. So, on this day, I can say to you without a shred of guilt...SUCK IT UP! And don't get any on your clothes...sorry, mommy moment. Hazard of the job.

13 Comments:

At May 27, 2006 2:32 p.m., Blogger Kim said...

mmmmmmmmmCHOCOLATE! Also, how tempted were you to change Cohen's mind on the BIG PINK DOLL? Or did the torture of your daughter make you put your pink hatred behind you. Goes to show you a mother will do anything for her children!

 
At May 28, 2006 7:58 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Believe me, I tried...but I figured she'd endured enough trauma for the day...although it was rather traumatic for ME to pay actual real money for a PINK doll...and it's not just pink, it's PINK...like the colour of the top of the urine sample jar pink...Geck! Wow, you're right, I do love my kids!

 
At May 28, 2006 10:55 p.m., Blogger Kirk said...

Ok two things. Cherries = Black Forest Cake. AND I have many evil plans, very few involve Scottie but I wouldn't put it past me either. 3 of them involve Tim, 4 of my evil plans involve Heidi's dog and 11 of them involve Scott ingalls. i haven't bothered to mentiuon the people I have 2 evil plans against or less. There is just not enough room.

 
At May 29, 2006 11:08 a.m., Blogger Scottie said...

very few eh?

i am intrigued and paranoid all at once...

 
At May 29, 2006 4:59 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grrr...That Damn Dog

 
At May 30, 2006 12:04 p.m., Blogger Cassidy said...

Scott Ings! I'll tell you what...i'll slap you right upside the head. ;) lol. AWWW poor Cohen! BUDDY! I want to see her large pink doll....

 
At May 30, 2006 12:11 p.m., Blogger Scottie said...

??? if you slap scott ingalls up side the head, will his butt pop out???

 
At May 30, 2006 3:46 p.m., Blogger Cassidy said...

no...?

 
At May 30, 2006 9:21 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

it may.

 
At May 31, 2006 6:18 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am extremely offended by your use of language on my blog. In the future, could you please refrain from using the word "butt"? Thank you.

 
At May 31, 2006 11:59 a.m., Blogger Cassidy said...

Hahaha, that amazes and amuses.

 
At May 31, 2006 12:40 p.m., Blogger Scottie said...

my bad

 
At July 20, 2006 7:55 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home