Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Make My Day Day

Apparently, today is Clint Eastwood's birthday. And while I am not a big fan of Clint's, and really haven't watched many of his movies (except Bridges of Madison County, and I don't think that counts), I think Make My Day Day is a holiday worthy of celebration.

I have this boy in my class whom I love like my own. I would take him home in a minute. And I know he loves me, too. I can just see it on his face whenever he tells me about the frog he caught last night (or slug, or spider, he loves all things buggy). I have taught him to read and the joy on his face when he reads aloud to me is one of the greatest gifts ever. He makes my day a lot. Yesterday, he brought me a styrofoam cup filled with beautiful apple blossoms. For my birthday, he was the only one of my students that made me a card and brought me a present -- a baby sculpin skeleton. I know how much he loves that kind of stuff, and that he would part with his "specimen" was a witness to how much he thinks of me. You all know what I'm talking about. Someone has done something for you to make at least one of your days somewhere along the line. Today I am being slightly serious (sorry, Scottie). Think about a time when someone did something incredibly thoughtful for you and how that made you feel. And then go out and make someone else feel that way.

Love you, guys!

PS
Regularly scheduled sarcasm will return after this message.

13 Comments:

At May 31, 2006 12:00 p.m., Blogger Cassidy said...

AWWWWWW HOW SWEET. I bet I make your day to right Steph?! ;) *winky wink*

 
At May 31, 2006 12:45 p.m., Blogger Scottie said...

this is so odd... why does my name come up when the word serious is mentioned??? does anyone else find this ironic? i do...

anywho, that is a good thought stephy... you know what else is ironic??? the fact that you were able to transition from clint eastwood flics to doing nice stuff for people... you are a genius!!!

 
At May 31, 2006 1:13 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, just cause someone decides to put up a fluffy lovey-dovey post doens't mean I am going to stop with my ingenious comments.

How do you suppose that kid would feel if he misspronounced a work and was rudely and corrected by his evil teacher, I bet there would be no skelatons then, if only they knew who the real steph was.

"Marjory!"

oh, marjory not majory, I guess I am just a big grade six library dork. Thanks so much for this post cause thats what it makes me think of, one of the lowest points in my grammatical life.

Ah, I love sarcasm, we want the real steph back!

 
At May 31, 2006 1:15 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clint Eastwood...Go ahead, make my day...can you hear me now?

 
At May 31, 2006 1:16 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Yurr, we just commented on my blog at the same time, how cool!

 
At May 31, 2006 1:20 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you told me what a horribly mean teacher I am. It has made me think about how I speak to my students. But did you ever think that maybe I was correcting you with a loving spirit? That maybe I wanted to save you from a life of embarrassment? I'm glad you aren't bitter about it anymore, though. I can see that you have worked through your anger and have come to love me. And just so you know, that makes my day.

 
At May 31, 2006 2:16 p.m., Blogger Scottie said...

i like how scott is griping about his bad grammar and in the midst of it he mentions how he mispronounced a "work"... by chance did this really mean library teacher make fun of your spelling too???

and duh stephanie... i know who clint eastwood is... i know he said make my day... take my friggin compliment you genius...

p.s.-> not offended

 
At May 31, 2006 4:34 p.m., Blogger Kim said...

What can I say, this seriousness is making me a little sick! I think the pinkness of Cohen's new doll is clouding your satire. YOU ARE GOING SOFT! JUST BACK AWAY FROM THE DOLL AND SCREAM!

 
At June 01, 2006 5:50 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

PP & Scottie -
Your supportive attitudes toward me have also made my day. I can only hope there were other recipients of your overwhelming displays of Christ's love.
Blessings!

 
At June 01, 2006 7:52 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where do you think you are going to find that not neves?

 
At June 01, 2006 2:26 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Huh? Find what?

 
At July 02, 2006 3:18 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

 
At July 20, 2006 7:55 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home