Thursday, June 01, 2006

Double Donut Dare Day

Happy Birthday today to Oscar the Grouch and Superman! I have to admit, if I could be any Sesame Street character, it would have to be Oscar the Grouch. I like how he always says what is on his mind. He doesn't worry about offending people. He's grumpy, but he's honest. You have to respect that in a person...I mean Muppet.

Today is also Donut Day and Dare Day. I can no longer eat donuts with a clear conscience since beginning Weight Watchers. But that's okay. I've learned that I do have willpower. (Though I think my willpower has more to do with the fact that we do not have a Tim's on the island than any real control over my appetite for donuts.) I like the idea of Dare Day, but for other people. My self-esteem and bravery levels are too low to take dares. I worry too much about getting hurt or dirty. I need to be more spontaneous. I'd like to tell you more, but it is 6:43 am and I take my shower every morning at 6:45 am and if I don't hurry and get with my schedule, my small, small world will implode...Where is Superman when you really need him?!?

12 Comments:

At June 01, 2006 7:54 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haven't you heard? Superman's Dead!

This of course is no disrespect to the late Christopher Reves

 
At June 01, 2006 12:18 p.m., Blogger Cassidy said...

If I could be on Sesame Street, I would be Grover. Grover is my hero. He can fly, he takes like a freak, he's blue, man, he's just got it all.
I was seriously thinking about being Elmo, but the poor thing has no friends. I mean, his best and only friend is his goldfish Dorothy ... poor thing.

 
At June 01, 2006 12:18 p.m., Blogger Cassidy said...

I ment **talks like a freak. Not takes.

 
At June 01, 2006 2:05 p.m., Blogger Kim said...

Have ever noticed that Oscar doesn't have any friends other than a worm and he has an elephant running around in his trash can? It is a good thing your not a muppet. I have taken the actual test that tell you what Sesame Street character you resemble most; and I was Ernie! Has anyone seen Bert or my rubber ducky?

 
At June 01, 2006 2:17 p.m., Blogger Scottie said...

hmmm... if i were a muppet or puppett or some television stuffed thingy for kids to watch and be educated and rot their brain all at the same time, who would i be?

who does oscar growl at a lot?

perhaps i would be kermit... not sure why, but i would do sports reporting and not just do the news from miss muffet's tuffet all the time...

am i allowed commenting again since i have begun posting again oscar? hope so...

 
At June 01, 2006 2:36 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am Ernie, too. (Go to www.shanemcdonald.com/laughs/sesame_character.phtml to find out who you are).

 
At June 01, 2006 2:48 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am also Snuffy. (The Your SESAME STREET Persona Test
http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?testid=4525550649363613939)

I have MMPD (Multiple Muppet Personality Disorder).

 
At June 01, 2006 2:51 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am also Elmo (www.pressanykey.com/cgi-bin/sesameID.cgi). Maybe I should get back to work....

 
At June 01, 2006 9:37 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Elmo has alot of friends. Millions of kids everywhere are dying for just a one chance to tickle him.

 
At June 02, 2006 11:06 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heeheehee. I am guessing that you (Yurr) would be most like Big Bird, what with your sunny disposition and all.

 
At June 28, 2006 8:33 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

 
At July 02, 2006 3:18 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home