Saturday, June 17, 2006

Eat Your Vegetables Day














Well, already I have accomplished one of my carefree goals for the summer... building a sand castle (see Thursday's post). Actually, this picture is an example of how things aren't always as they seem. I commissioned Tammy Brown to take pictures of the kids and I for Roger for Father's Day...not an easy task. Like try to photograph fleas on speed. She did very well and had so much more patience with them than I do when I'm trying to take their pictures. But for one moment in time, they sat relatively still and made me look like a good mother, playing lovingly with her precious children. In reality, I had just wiped a huge snot trail off Saul's face and growled at Cohen for whining about going home. Just one example of how still photography can trump video. Thanks, Tam, you're awesome!







Now, that's more like it!


8 Comments:

At June 17, 2006 1:29 p.m., Blogger Cassidy said...

Aww, the pictures are really cute!

 
At June 17, 2006 7:00 p.m., Blogger Em Bass said...

I ate my veggies, just cause you told me to, not that I actually like them or anything...

 
At June 18, 2006 8:25 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a good girl, Emily. I bet you'd never cut an innocent child's hair off. SOMEONE could take some lessons in respect from you.

 
At June 18, 2006 8:57 p.m., Blogger Cassidy said...

She is also in grade 7. What does that tell you? Does that tell you that she is TO YOUNG or what?!
Thats besides the point however. The point is, I would never let your child choke on a grape Stephie. :)

 
At June 19, 2006 7:26 a.m., Blogger Em Bass said...

I'm really confused, I think I'm missing something. And I'm so glad Cassidy likes me:) :(

 
At June 19, 2006 12:09 p.m., Blogger Cassidy said...

I like you! I love you even! I just don't love the fact that Stephanie won't drop the tiny little snipping accident.

 
At June 19, 2006 4:16 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got nothin.

 
At June 20, 2006 9:41 a.m., Blogger Kim said...

Cute picks and your right it is amazing how quiet and innocent our kids look in pics, that is so when we're old we can look back and forget that in reality the snot was flying, crying had just let up for a second and the talking back was ceased because of handfuls of sand in their mouths. Kids are sooo precious!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home