Thursday, June 15, 2006

Go Fly a Kite Day

Since no one had a convincing argument about why I should not love Jack Black, I have decided to move on.

Today is Go Fly a Kite Day, which could be taken in many ways. Leave me alone. Buzz off. Go pound salt. Get out of my face. Go play in traffic.


Actually, when I think about flying a kite, I think of childhood and FREEDOM. Flying a kite is one of those kid things that you do because you have nothing better or more pressing to do than stand there and harness the power of the wind. That is freedom in its truest form. I think that I will make it my goal for the summer to take time out from the everyday craziness that is my life and be free. Of course, I'm anal, so I'll have to have a list of freeing activities to check off. Anyone care to join me?
  • flying a kite
  • building a sand castle
  • catching fireflies
  • roasting marshmallows
  • playing hide & seek
  • having a lupin fight
  • rolling down a hill
  • sleeping outside in a clothesline tent
  • squirt gun fight!
  • having a picnic

...and somewhere in there I have to learn to dance.

2 Comments:

At June 20, 2006 9:31 a.m., Blogger Kim said...

And you said you didn't know how to have fun! Tisk Tisk!

 
At June 23, 2006 10:36 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's go for coffee in a puddle someday...preferably before the rapture comes...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home