Thursday, June 08, 2006

Vacuum Cleaner Birthday

Today the Vacuum Cleaner is 137 years old.

In honour of the vacuum cleaner, here is my ode to things that suck. Things that, one might say, are SUCKTASTIC.

Vampires
Anything pink
Cutsey couples (2-pointer)
Ulcers
Unending Rainy/Foggy Days
Morning People

Colds
Laundry
Extraction of Blood
Animal Hair
Nappus Interuptus
Eggplants
Root Canals

Now, in an effort to speak life...

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens

Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favourite things

Cream coloured ponies and crisp apple strudel
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings
These are a few of my favourite things

Girls in white dresses and blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver white winters that melt into spring
These are a few of my favourite things

When the dog bites
When the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad.

If only I had a nice dress and a field full of wildflowers to cavort through.......tralala.......

4 Comments:

At June 08, 2006 1:12 p.m., Blogger Kirk said...

Thanks for the lemon. I took your advice and I felt better while I was drinking it but woke up this morning a little worse. I still have half a lemon for tonight. Thanks though for seeking out the lemon for me.

 
At June 08, 2006 1:12 p.m., Blogger Kirk said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At June 08, 2006 7:36 p.m., Blogger Em Bass said...

Anything pink? I do not believe you know how much you just hurt me. You may or not be forgiven.

 
At June 09, 2006 4:46 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I may think your pink shirt is sucktastic, but I think YOU are fantastic. And isn't that what counts in the end?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home