Thursday, June 22, 2006

In Between

Well, we are in between one of the best holidays of the year and potentially the worst holiday I have ever heard of...

Yesterday was officially the first day of SUMMER!!! Yay! I love summer, every bit of it. (At least summer the way it is supposed to be, not foggy Seal Cove summer.) The only thing that could make summer any better would be if Christmas were in July. I can think of almost nothing better than driving down the road, your hair blowing around in the wind, the hot sun shining on your face and the music turned up as loud as it will go without blowing your speakers. Having the summer off is probably one of the best parts about being a teacher (that and humiliating young boys in library class)...

Today was Take Your Dog to Work Day. I have no dog. Oh wait, I do have a dog. Too bad it wasn't Take Your Dog to the SPCA Day. Now there's a holiday I could actually enjoy.

Tomorrow is National Pink Day. That is the most disgusting excuse for a holiday I have ever heard. Pink isn't even a real colour. It's not bright or bold enough to be red, and not clean enough to be white. And who said that just because you are a female you have to like pink? That is insane. People honestly try to make me feel guilty for not dressing my daughter in pink all the time. She wasn't even out of the womb before my mother was trying to pressure me into buying her a little frilly pink dress. It's like, "Welcome to the world, little one, now CONFORM!" Whatever. My goal is to encourage my kids to be individuals and to the best of my ability prevent them from being molded by societal norms. And if someday Cohen comes home with something pink and frilly on, I'll probably still love her. Phillipians 4:13.

10 Comments:

At June 22, 2006 9:27 p.m., Blogger Cassidy said...

Pink is yucky, making a day for it is yucky too. Yesterday Tiff and I went to the beach! Yay! Lovely first day of summer! :)

 
At June 22, 2006 9:54 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, pink stinks... minus the fact that i may or may not have that as a nickname...

ps... i want a housewarming party for being the newest seal cova at the end of the month...

 
At June 22, 2006 10:21 p.m., Blogger Em Bass said...

I'm deeply hurt. So what if I like the color? I will never be the same...such negative people these days, :(

 
At June 23, 2006 10:19 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry. I don't party in the Bronx.

 
At June 23, 2006 4:28 p.m., Blogger Cassidy said...

I party at the roxbury.

 
At June 23, 2006 7:49 p.m., Blogger Kim said...

It is funny how you are kind of making your daughter to conform to not wearing pink. No one says a girl has to wear it, some just choose to. "Cohen be an individual as long as it doesn't entail wearing anything pink and can you please choose another colour doll, please!" I also was one who disliked the colout but now I do enjoy it! It's o.k. Em your not alone, anymore!

 
At June 24, 2006 1:23 a.m., Blogger Kirk said...

I've wore pink and I like it. Real men wear pink.

 
At June 24, 2006 3:51 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excuse, me, I think she did get a pink doll...even if it grieved my spirit...
I think you'd look swell in a pink cape, Nacho. Real men wear shiny pink capes.

 
At June 25, 2006 9:38 p.m., Blogger Cassidy said...

I saw Cohen wearking pink pajamas the other night...

 
At June 27, 2006 9:34 a.m., Blogger Kim said...

OOhHHH snap!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home