Monday, July 03, 2006

Dog Days of Summer

Today begins the Dog Days of Summer. I'm not really sure what that means, but to one dog I know (Daisy) it means being tied to a lawnchair on a hot beach. (It could also mean being "romanced" by a big black lab, but that is another story for another day.)

I have a couple of praise notes for today: the sunshine and friends. If you have suffered through my last few posts (or skipped them entirely and commented nonetheless)...well, you know what I mean. I am so blessed to be surrounded by people who make me laugh, encourage me, correct me, teach me. I want to be just like you when I (don't) grow up! By that I mean that each of you encourage me to be a little bit more myself and are helping me to realize that's okay...

PP - You help me confess my secret sins and encourage my dependence on the only One with the answers to the tough questions. You encourage me by making me realize that I am not the only one that has things in my life that I'm less than proud of and show me that doesn't make me a freak, it makes me normal.

Scott - You have made me look at the things I say and do in relation to how they are going to make someone else feel. And even though I know that you aren't usually listening to me, you always make me feel like you are. (And you taught me my new favourite word...it used to be tepid, so that just goes to show...)

Scott's Truck - You have taught me that even if I look dirty on the outside, on the inside I'm still one sweet piece of machinery. And it's what's on the inside that really matters.

Nacho Colossus - You make me want to be less like Martha (take off my An Album Cover) and let loose. And at the very least, to encourage that love of life in my own children. (A word of advice -- even if you never grow up, there does come a time when it is inappropriate to run around naked on a public beach.)

Cassidy/Emmalina - You just make me snort. You make me feel young and alive and funny. Don't ever let anyone or anything steal your joy.

Mike, Donnie & Jodi (Boys & Babe of the Booth) - You have encouraged me but letting me share my faith. You remind me that the opinions of others pale in comparision to the truth that is in your heart. (BTW, Jodo, I still hate you.)

To the rest of you...I love you, too, but I am trying to cut down on the length of my posts (blame You Know Who). Stay tuned for the rest of the story...

PS. Today is also Eat Beans Day. Knock Yurrself out!

6 Comments:

At July 03, 2006 6:11 p.m., Blogger Cassidy said...

I'm really not one for serious posts, but I was thinking about doing this the other day on my own blog. Because everyone just means so much to me, and i've really become a changed person because of it. Steph, thanks so much for that, it's always nice to be encouraged once and a while (the Emmalina in me thanks you also.)
Just remember that you rock my tube socks and that I love you, thanks for bringing out the inner Emmalina in me.

 
At July 04, 2006 8:15 a.m., Blogger Kirk said...

Thanks Steph. Don't lose your passion to fulfill the "conspieracy" Thanks for the advice. I'll consider it but no guarentees.

 
At July 04, 2006 9:38 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even though you say you still hate me I know deep down that you love me. Only I know the truth lol.....(BTW......Saul & Cohen still love me)

 
At July 04, 2006 1:00 p.m., Blogger Kim said...

Your welcome on helping you realize that I am just as sick minded as you are!

 
At July 04, 2006 3:40 p.m., Blogger Em Bass said...

I think it means we are just suppose to act like dogs during the "Dog days of summer".....hey I like that idea!lol.

 
At July 04, 2006 5:11 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

life is short.eat more pancakes and fewer rice cakes!
remember that your childs character is like good soup,both are homemade.
love someone who dosent deserve it.
get a flue shot.
aproach love and cooking with reckless abandon.
never ignore evil.
dont mistake kindness for weakness.
judge your sucess by what you had to give up to get it.
do all you can to increase salaries for good teachers.
never be ashamed of honest tears.
never sell yourself short.
never swap your integrity for money,power,or fame.
remember that the best relationship is one where your love for each other is greater than your need for each other.
put love notes in your childs lunch box.


xoxox :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home