Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Blah

Today I don't feel like celebrating...I feel like a steaming heap of crap.

Last night at Bible study we talked a bit about confessing things to each other as a way of emptying ourselves out to allow the Holy Spirit to move in. Sometimes there are things you can confess to a group, and sometimes there are things that are just between you and someone else that you have to deal with on your own. I am dealing with two of those "on your own" situations right now and quite frankly, it is sucking the life out of me. I have "given them to God" and am trusting Him for the outcomes. (In other words, I am giving Him permission to do what He needs to do in and through me for these situations to be resolved.) What I believe He is asking me to do is about the equivalent of being pelted with large stones or bobbing up and down in the ocean for a day and a half (It's not easy being a Christian, but it's worth it!). Thanks, Kirk, for what you said about being used by God making it all worthwhile. Knowing that in the end, the crap we're feeling will bring about something worthwhile (if we are obedient) does make things a lot more bearable.

Anyhow, I guess what I am saying is I could use your prayers, especially for me to approach these situations in the way I'm supposed to (What Would Jesus Do?) and to allow God to use me for His purpose.

Thanks, guys. Love ya.

3 Comments:

At June 27, 2006 11:18 p.m., Blogger Kim said...

Well, I think sometimes God is the only one that can change our hearts and minds in certain situations. In the situations you are referring to, I think the best thing is to leave it with God and be confident that he will reveal to you the best way to handle things! He does know best!

 
At June 28, 2006 1:51 a.m., Blogger Kirk said...

"What Would Jesus Do" Ohhhhh that's what WWJD stands for. I thought it was Willy Wonka just died or Why Won't jello dissolve or we want just desserts or white women jerkily drive or We want just Dashboard. Yours makes so much more sense.

 
At June 28, 2006 8:13 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Pastor Kirk. I think Jesus would definitely make fun of someone who was having the worst day of their life. Bite me. No, never mind. I think I'll bite you instead.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home