Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Birthday of the Birthday Cake

FYI: The Greeks were allegedly the first ones to put candles on a cake celebrating someone's birth in 55 BC. I wonder if their cakes smelled as bad as their salads...

So here's the deal. I complained and groaned and moaned and grumbled and whined and nagged and griped and lamented about the fact that no one remembered my birthday (MARCH 3). To make it worse, the people that did remember and were going to "surprise" me with a cake didn't even bother to get one. I haven't "forgotten". I haven't "stopped going on about it". I haven't "let it go". I am "holding a grudge". I am "slightly bitter". I would never be "that insensitive".

Whatever.

Apparently I forgot PP's birthday. It was last Thursday. I "remembered" Monday. I am sorry. I am a bad friend. It's okay though. It seems that all of my "friends" decided to go on a white water rafting expedition to celebrate Kimmy's birth. Without me. I heard that there was cake and candles and singing. Without me. I get nothing. No card. No cake. No presents. She gets a 3-day planned outing/celebration with all her nearest and dearest (except me). I am nothing. Apparently.



Someday I hope you all grow up and realize that it's not all about you.

Or her.



Happy Birthday, Princess Pretty.
May your reign be long and may you never fall off a turret and land in the moat.
Love ya!

6 Comments:

At July 26, 2006 9:52 a.m., Blogger Em Bass said...

Haha, that post made me actually 'lol.' Thanks, I needed that:)

 
At July 26, 2006 12:10 p.m., Blogger Cassidy said...

What a very uplifting post! lol, I like the picture of Kim though. It shines in all it's prettiness.
Sometimes I wonder why I had to get the brains in the family instead of the looks, but hey, Kim can welcomly have them if it's going to cause that much hate! ;)

 
At July 27, 2006 7:22 p.m., Blogger Kim said...

Shmanks Shmefie, we will always have Cherryville! And if it makes you feel any better I could of died on the rafting trip! The lemon sponge cake was well lets just say Nate was the only one who would eat it! It is the thought that counts though right?

 
At August 03, 2006 9:12 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your encouraging words. It is always great to go to Grand Manan and worship with everyone. I'm praying for everything thats happening on the island! May you sense God's presence near you as you go about your weekend!

 
At August 03, 2006 12:37 p.m., Blogger Scottie said...

hey steph,

i wanted to sincerely thank you for your comments on chris's blog... ya welled my eyes up and made me feel important... thanks... it was and is appreciated...

 
At February 14, 2007 5:05 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Lita bikini pics how to remove crayon wax from car upholstery ge dental plans

 

Post a Comment

<< Home