Friday, July 07, 2006

PP (and Not Neves') Big Adventure

Click, Chopsticks, Covers and Jack Black
(aka 3Cs and Ant)

Let me explain. The Desperate Housewives decided that they would escape to the big city for a night of...of...well, I'm not sure which adjective to use here. Let's just say we saw a puddle and we jumped in it. The fun began when I left my purse on the ferry. Fortunately, PP's in-laws retrieved it for me and left it with Morris the wharf dude. Onward and upward. We then met Kirk and his siblings at the theatre where we enjoyed Click...a comedical drama about a flap-slapping man, his duck-humping dog(s) and a remote control. I laughed, I cried, I snorted, I sobbed uncontrollably whilst PP made insensitive comments. If it hadn't been for the passionate (Eskimo) kiss she shared with me before the show, I may have been highly insulted.

After the show, Scott and Finn (aka Gill) met us in the parking lot, whereupon we decided to grab a bite at Boston Pizza. (I was still hungry, even after the $7 "pretzel dog" from the movie. Nummy.) During supper, I learned a number of things: Scott suffers from Catagelophobia (fear of being ridiculed, especially by waitresses) but not from Sinophobia (fear of the Chinese or Chinese culture). Gillian can never be invited to wings night because she is highly intolerant of things that may or may not be hot, including jalapeno peppers and girls in revealing shirts. Cactus Cut Potatoes are delicious.

Next, we raced (Literally. PP won.) over to the Garden Street Irving (not the one by Harbour Station) where Nacho, Scott & Fishy piled into the PPmobile and we all headed over to Elwood's for the Three Season Ant concert, a truly one-of-a-kind experience. Front row seats to an awesome Christian band...$5. Being recognized by Jack Black....scrumtralescent. Hanging out at a bar with or without your pastor and best buds...priceless.

After the concert we all headed to Beulah land for the night. Swimmy, PP and I enjoyed a restful night at the Sr. Rayner's cottage, where I singlehandedly broke both a blind and the toilet. Then it was back to Grand Manan, but not before a stop at the mall (FYI: The mall opens at 10 a.m.) to buy film. We left the mall at roughly 10:26 and still made the 11 o'clock ferry home. This was because:

a) PP drives like Ricky Bobby running from Tom Cruise;
b) we were being rewarded for our valiant 4.85 minute effort to speak life into each other;
c) the boat was late and there was minimal tourist traffic, or
d) that's what's so amazing about grace...we receive gifts we don't deserve.

Since all my fellow bloggers are off to the land of corn and whine (?), I shan't be posting for a while. 'Til then, feel free to celebrate:
July 8- Be a Kid Again Day
July
9- Barn Day (Scott may or may not have been born in one 20 years ago today)
July
10- Don't Step on a Bee Day
July 1
1- National Cheer Up the Lonely Day
July
12- Cow Appreciation Day
July
13- International Puzzle Day (birthday of Erno Rubik 1944, inventor of Rubik's Cube)
July
14- Corkboard Birthday 1891 (aka Stick-It Day)
July
15- Be a Dork Day/National Tapioca Pudding Day

TTFN

9 Comments:

At July 08, 2006 2:36 p.m., Blogger Kim said...

In reality, the big white beast may have more power than Yurr's sexy truck. Thanks for a fun adventure and I really enjoyed TSA even with you distracting me with talk about Jack Black. I thought it was only around 2.98 seconds of speaking life, oh well, either way I think we may have to work on that!!LoL

 
At July 08, 2006 3:12 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

uh, actually it was 20 years ago tomorrow...the 9th of july.

Oh, and there is no way kims piece of crap beat my truck...no way.

 
At July 08, 2006 3:33 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey guys, we made the TSA website...check out Chris' blog!

 
At July 10, 2006 1:33 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel so privilaged...I made Not Neves blog...even if my name changed randomly like 4 or 5 times! lol and in my defense, I like hot things like jalapeno peppers, I just don't eat them much so my tolerance level may or may not be on the wimpy end of the scale. So you have to think of a better excuse than that for not including me in said "wings nights". Loved the adventure and I had a good time with you guys in SJ. Thanks for letting me come along.

 
At July 16, 2006 7:40 p.m., Blogger Cassidy said...

Bah, I like to celebrate dork day. Dork knobs. I love you,

 
At July 16, 2006 7:40 p.m., Blogger Cassidy said...

Also, the land of corn and whine was masterful.

 
At July 19, 2006 4:15 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

could really go for a new post eh?

 
At July 19, 2006 8:29 p.m., Blogger Scottie said...

speaking of your last post, i want a dog... not your dog, but i want one none-the-less...

 
At July 19, 2006 8:58 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, Yurr, didn't know you still read my blog...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home