Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Stick Your Tongue Out Day

Interesting facts about tongues:

  • A chameleon's tongue is twice the length of its body.
  • A giraffe can clean its ears with its 21-inch tongue.
  • A crocodile cannot stick its tongue out.
  • A pig's tongue contains 15 000 taste buds. The human tongue has 9000 taste buds.
  • The anteater's tongue can stretch to the height of a two-year old child.
  • The archerfish uses its tongue like a squirt gun to shoot down its prey.
  • The gecko swipes its tongue back and forth like windshield wipers to clean its eyes.
  • A blue whale's tongue is the same size and weight as a full-grown African elephant.
  • The emperor moth starts life with a large tongue, but the time it has reached maturity, its tongue has shrunk away to nothing. Unable to feed, the moth eventually dies of starvation.

Worth waiting for, wasn't it?

:P

9 Comments:

At July 20, 2006 8:48 a.m., Blogger Scottie said...

okay... that was really cool... where do find such fountains of amazing information come from??? no, i am not being sarcastic... i love this type of stuff... ya never know when a tongue question will come up during trivial pursuit...

 
At July 20, 2006 9:52 a.m., Blogger Em Bass said...

I've always tried to touch my nose with my tongue but I can never do it. And if you look at the way tongue it spelled for a really long time it starts to look weird...

 
At July 20, 2006 12:04 p.m., Blogger Cassidy said...

That was very interesting....I always thought it was spelt "tounge." Great job Cassidy, you are brilliant.

 
At July 20, 2006 3:29 p.m., Blogger Em Bass said...

I thought it was TOO!!! I typed it but then I looked up @ the comment above mine and I saw it was spelled that way. I guess we can we genious's together.

 
At July 20, 2006 7:19 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rogue, plague, vogue, prologue, argue, meringue, fatigue, league, epilogue, vague, hanague, intrigue, dialogue, catalogue, tongue.

 
At July 21, 2006 12:12 p.m., Blogger Cassidy said...

Well thank you for that masterful insight.

 
At July 22, 2006 7:44 p.m., Blogger Kirk said...

I wonder if you would research why sticking out your tonge is considered a negative thing. I enjoy tongez. Tonguees help me talk and tungues help me taste. Tuhngz rule!!!!!!!

 
At July 22, 2006 11:35 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like car washes

 
At February 14, 2007 7:29 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! car alarm manual Clearance swimsuits girls Cupholders for mercedes Cover seat for xterra 00 acura integra oxycontin sexual side effects

 

Post a Comment

<< Home