Friday, August 04, 2006

So Long Sweet Summer

Yeah, to borrow a phrase from Pepto, I am a slogger. I have neglected my blogging duties. I will attempt to rectify this situation immediately.

But before I do that, I would just like to say that Chris Stephens commented on my last post. Thank you very much.

So, here's a catch-up and some brief, meaningful comments on the holidays I have missed...

July
26- Bert's Birthday (Sesame Street).
Bert & Ernie were my favorite Sesame Street characters (I like Ernie better, but you can't have one without the other). BTW, Bert is NOT gay. Neither is Jack Black.
27- Take Your Houseplants for a Walk Day
I am sucktastic at growing plants. The only walk they go for is the walk to the garbage can. I am, it seems, proficient at growing certain banned substances in my garden. Whoops, maybe not. I accept your apologies, Mr. Bulletproof Vest.
28- First Fingerprint Taken
Not today, buddy. You can call off your helicopter and put the inkpad back in your pocket.
29- Chicken Wings Day
But alas, my hot [sauce] cohort has flown the coop.
30- National Cheesecake Day
Time to praise my husband...he makes the best cheesecakes in the universe.
31- Harry Potter's Birthday
Or it would be Harry's birthday...if he were REAL and not just a FICTIONAL character.


August
1- Chopsticks Song Birthday (1877)
I'll tell you what I like about Chinese people...as long as we're on the subject. They're really hanging in there with those chopsticks. Hahahahaha...
2- National Back To School Month

Only 26 more days of summer for me....
3- International Forgiveness Day
Well, no pressure here. But now you know. You have 364 more days to work up to it.

And today is National Chocolate Chip Day. Cohen had a bit of a rough day yesterday, so I told her we could make cookies today. Here is a replay of that conversation:

Mommy: Maybe we can make cookies tomorrow.
Cohen: But Mommy, you don't know how to make cookies.
Mommy: I do so know how to make cookies. (Note: Do not argue with a 4-year old. You will lose.)
Cohen: But you always burn them.
Mommy: Sobbing uncontrollably.

Out of the mouths of babes.

7 Comments:

At August 04, 2006 9:53 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Steph, Poor Poor Cohen........you tell here that when Jodo comes home for a visit she will bring her some cookies. Since we both know who can cook and who can't!!.....But then we also know who can read Froggy correctly and who can't! Miss you guys terribly see you soon.

 
At August 04, 2006 6:19 p.m., Blogger Cassidy said...

Ha, and guess what everyone? SHE DID BURN THE COOKIES. I was there. I have proof.

 
At August 04, 2006 7:56 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not my fault. The oven is too hot. And I was distracted...by your UGLY MUG!

 
At August 06, 2006 12:58 p.m., Blogger Cassidy said...

That is so mean.

 
At August 06, 2006 2:29 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some days you just feel mean.

 
At August 06, 2006 5:05 p.m., Blogger Em Bass said...

All days I feel mean,haha. Steph: Thankyou for that comment you left on my blog:) It meant a lot to me...if I knew the right things to say and to encourage you I would. Just thankyou.

 
At August 11, 2006 8:05 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello? I left like a 4-page comment on your blog. Or maybe I am the "no one" you referred to. Have a sucktastic day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home