Friday, August 11, 2006

Yeah. I got nothing.

Once again, I have been slack. One must admit, the will to blog has diminished considerably since Nacho and Emo have been away. Timmy, by his own admission, has tried to take up the slack, but failed miserably. It seems he doesn't understand that to be a successful blogger, you must not only read the blogs, but comment on them. He is starting to come around to see the benefits of blogging, however, and that is a step in the proper direction.

So, I have missed some more fantastic holidays. I don't know who is responsible for coming up with these celebrations, but I think the gas fumes from the mower have finally got to them. Judge for yourself:

August 5 - National Failures Day/Take a Walk on the Moon Day
Hence the phrase, "Prepare for the worst, hope for the best" (Matthew J. Maxwell).

August 6 - National Fresh Breath Day
If only you could remember where you put your toothbrush last August 6th.

August 7 - Sea Serpent Day
Isn't Loch Ness a lake? I vote to rename this day: Legless Lake Lizard Day. I have been mowing as well.

August 8 - Sneak Some Zucchini Onto Your Neighbour's Porch Night
Small town prank turns urban legend/holiday? This would be a good outreach project I think. Who doesn't love waking up to a fresh zucchini on their doorstep? Next Monday night, guys? Better a meal of vegetables where there is love, then a fattened calf with hatred. Prov. 15:17

August 9 - Dance a Polka Day
This may or may not be a certain Weird Al fan's birthday. If so, today's holiday is entirely appropriate. If not, it is Betty Boop's birthday, and I'm pretty sure she looks like a girl who digs accordians.

August 10 - Spoil Your Dog Day
So I did. I said "Hey, Duke". And then I went into the house and closed the door.

August 11 - Dog Days End
Just when we were getting close.

Tomorrow I am off to shoot another wedding. This will be my 3rd of the summer, 2 more to go. It really is a priviledge to be part of each couple's celebration and to get to know new people. I still get nervous about ruining precious memories, but God has been awesome. Whenever I get a great shot, I know that it is because He has positioned the sun & clouds in the right spot or put a great idea in my head (or someone else's). Here
are a few shots of Orlando & Amanda's day.

15 Comments:

At August 11, 2006 2:07 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ta Da! Guess who's back, back again...scott is back (insert witty line here)

Beautiful pics, God has definately gifted you with the talent of pushing that button on the camera. (ok hope you aren't offended, cause that was a joke)

But in all serousness you definately have a good and creative eye when it comes to photography.

Missed you all...can't wait to tlak to and see everyone.

 
At August 11, 2006 3:39 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

The boys are back in town...
Yippee!

Speaking of pictures...I may or may not have a picture of THE HOTTEST GUITAR PLAYER EVER! and I may have a few of Kevin Doiron as well...

Glad you're back...can't wait to catch up with yurr.

 
At August 11, 2006 4:19 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kevin Doiron is the hottest guitar player ever.

 
At August 12, 2006 12:50 p.m., Blogger Cassidy said...

No, I am the hottest guitar player.

 
At August 12, 2006 1:22 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Mom is the hottest guitar player ever.

 
At August 12, 2006 7:13 p.m., Blogger Kirk said...

I played guitar at camp this year.

 
At August 13, 2006 7:55 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Then you would be the hardest guitar player ever...

 
At August 14, 2006 9:26 a.m., Blogger Scottie said...

those pics are amazing... scott is gone again... whatta punk...

 
At August 14, 2006 12:18 p.m., Blogger Cassidy said...

What a dorknob.

 
At August 15, 2006 6:59 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do indeed have a picture of you. Perhaps at a later date I will blog about you & your band and include said photo. And the picture of the hottest guitar player ever.

 
At August 15, 2006 7:05 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

In response to your "I heart Scott" comment, I used to have that problem. Then I realized that when you rearrange the letters in the word HEART, you get the word HATER. Some people need to learn the word LOYALTY.

 
At August 15, 2006 10:21 p.m., Blogger Cassidy said...

Thats harsh. And very true. And some people need to come to my party and NOT be on white head. Hows that for loyal.

 
At August 16, 2006 7:48 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trust me...I would rather party with Emmalina anyday...

 
At August 16, 2006 2:04 p.m., Blogger Cassidy said...

Come stephy...

 
At February 16, 2007 10:46 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. bank one educational loan cash 5 quick pack Quality copy and digital print cheap maternity clothes l2tp cisco Bentley in pakistan Tea pot style bathroom faucets hammered brass intravenous preparation for adderall Stated income mortgage credit score pre-owned concord saratoga diamond watch fast cash pawn Simpsons free sex cartoons

 

Post a Comment

<< Home